Join the world leader in thermal mass flow meter technology. The company began in 1964 by pioneering the development and application of thermal dispersion flow and level sensing technology, using patented thermal dispersion flow measurement technology.
Our ideal candidate will be part of the Sustaining Engineering technical team, which consist of other Electronic Engineers, a technician and a PWB designer. You will be assigned a product line to support. All members of the team are expected to lend assistance to the other members, in helping to resolve technical issues. Each engineer is the lead technical engineer for the product line or lines they support, and responsible for addressing all issues associated with the product line.
KEEP READING IF:
- You are an innovative, creative, a \"hands-on\" electronic engineer with a passion for solving technical problems.
- You are an undaunted individual that can develop more than one possible solution to any technical problem.
- You are an excellent communicator with strong verbal and writing skills, and a good negotiator.
- You possess solid leadership skills, with qualities that engender trust and respect from others.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
At the 6 month mark:
- You will be interacting with manufacturing, document control and quality to address production problems for the assigned product. This means that you will have a good understanding of the strengths and limitations of the product line.
- As the lead engineer of the assigned product line you will be responsible for leading the design effort of new revisions to the product line.
- You will provide technical advice to other engineers within the group when requested.
At the 12 month mark:
- You are expected to have a very confortable understanding and application of the HART protocol.
- You are expected to be completely comfortable with the use of the HART tools for both development and HART compliance testing.
- You are expected to provide technical advice to less experienced engineers within the group.
AS our ideal candidate you will show exceptional organizational skills to successfully demonstrate the ability to:
- Design electronics for instrumentation type devices, from the power supply circuits to low level, stable and low noise signal amplifiers.
- Work in a lab using various types of test equipment.
- Design digital circuits; from microprocessor circuits to different digital interface ports like USB, RS485, H1, FSK, etc.
- Take products from idea to manufacturing using Design for manufacturing techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete projects within budget and on time.
As the ideal candidate you will have the following education, prior experience and skills:
- Bachelor\'s Degree in Electronic Engineering.
- Five or more years\' of varied and progressive work experience in electronic product sustainment and development as listed in the job responsibilities.
- Experience working in a similar capacity in analytical instrument companies, process monitoring product companies, the test equipment device companies, or the medical instrument companies.
- Demonstrated strong technical talent on both analog circuits and digital circuits.
- Quick learner.
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Hands on use of lab test equipment.
- Strong ability to interact with peers and cross functional groups.
- Ability to provide mentoring and assistance to the new engineers.
- Be a self-starter.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, climb, talk, hear, see and use complex repetitive motions. May infrequently lift and or move at least 10 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in the job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed by this position. Additional duties may be assigned by the Supervisor or his/her designee.
These duties may be modified or changed at any time at the sole discretion of management either orally or in writing. The above statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
FCI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative.
FCI is an ITAR required employer and active participant of the DHS and SSA E-Verify program. Contract requirements for ITAR identify US citizen or permanent resident card \"Green Card\" holder in the absence of ECCN.
COMPANY: FCI is the leading manufacturer of thermal type process control instrumentation sold throughout the world. In addition to our home office, we operate three (3) separate facilities across different continents to bring our brand of expertise and service to thousands of global customers. FCI is a privately held organization. https://www.fluidcomponents.com/