OC Mission and Purpose: Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners, all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We recognize that employment at OC is not a fit for everyone, so we encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God\'s design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Oklahoma Christian University invites applications for the position of Major Gifts Officer. Reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer, this position is responsible for leading the university’s efforts to cultivate and solicit major, corporate, and foundation gifts.
- College degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Successful experience in fundraising and/or organizational leadership.
- Experience in higher education and/or non-profit organizations a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to formulate a persuasive narrative regarding investment in the mission of Oklahoma Christian University.
- Drive to achieve team goals and objectives.
- Emotional intelligence and excellent social skills.
- Genuine concern for others.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion and ability to positively engage students, colleagues, donors and other constituents across racial, gender, and cultural differences.
- Active engagement in a life of Christian faith and service which includes membership in a local church.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement both annual and major giving plans to successfully meet established fundraising goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership in research and relationship development to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward current donors and new prospects to expand, strengthen, and nurture OC’s donor base primarily among major donors.
- Coordinate with Advancement team colleagues to maintain a portfolio of lead donors to various funds, including the annual funds, capital projects, restricted scholarships, and event/program sponsorships.
- Collaborate with key university offices to plan and present major donors with giving plans to produce major impact on critical university programs and functions.
- Coordinate with Advancement team on gift processing to ensure that procedures comport with highest ethical and legal standards for soliciting and reporting.
- Design an effective donor stewardship strategy and observe existing stewardship protocols such as timely gift acknowledgment, faithful adherence to donor intent, and appropriate records management.
- Contribute collaboratively in preparation of various reports for internal and external analysis and legal/regulatory compliance.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Advancement Officer consistent with achievement of the University mission.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard university benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Application review begins March 15, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled. To apply send a cover letter, resume, personal statement of faith, and copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts (official transcripts are not required at this time), to Human Resources at: email@example.com or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Church of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission. This position requires active membership in a local congregation of the Church of Christ.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile—Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local congregation, and to support the Christian mission of the University.