Looking for a Guest Service Agent to provide our guests with extraordinary service at the front desk from making/assisting the reservation to departure striving towards total guest satisfaction. To enhance and enrich the guest experience by responding to guests needs, requests and complaints. To sell guest rooms, food & beverage outlets and seasonal hotel promotions.
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK A VARIED SCHEDULE INCLUDING WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS. NIGHT AUDITOR EXPERIENCE A PLUS. This position is part time to start and may increase in hours to full time.
Why San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter?
We are known as one of the best hotels in Downtown San Diego due in large part to the way we not only care for our guests, but our associates as well. Our mission is for our hotel to be a place where our associates would love to stay and our guests would love to work!
The Guest Service Agent will be responsible for the daily activities of the Front Office. The Front Office is the hub of guest contact and the ideal candidate will be an outgoing individual who loves to converse with people from all over the world. The following is just a few of the responsibilities of the position:
- Welcome and register guests expeditiously, provide information to guests as needed or requested, obtain identification and credit/check approval as directed by hotel policy. Verify rate and departure date. Confirm and modify information required to complete the registration process as per hotel procedures.
- Check departing guests out of the hotel as per hotel procedures.
- Monitor GXP throughout shift for customer care cases, guest chats and work orders.
- Answer all guest questions accurately and resolve problems in a timely manner ensuring guest satisfaction. Authorize revenue allowances as allowed by hotel policy.
- Resolve guest problems and complaints.
- Answer main phone lines and assist/direct guests where needed.
- Ensures total guest satisfaction.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions and performs other duties as directed or assigned.
- High school graduate. Some college preferred.
- Must have 1-2 years customer service
- Previous front desk agent and night audit experience preferred.
- Previous front desk agent experience at a Marriott brand using PMS system a plus.
The San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please contact us at (619) 446-6032 or email HRMSD@gaslampmarriott.com to let us know the nature of your request.
- 1 year(s): Customer Service
- 1 year(s): Night Audit
- 1 year(s): Front Desk Agent
- High School or better
Licenses & CertificationsPreferred
- Alcohol Training
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Customer Service
- Critical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Conflict Resolution
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals