To direct and organize the activities of the Restaurants & Bars to elevate and maintain superior standards of food, beverage and service while maximizing profits.
- Assists in the planning and direction of all restaurant and bar operations.
- Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation of all restaurants and bars to achieve an efficient and profitable result.
- Partner with Culinary team to create active programming in all restaurants & bars in order to be marketable and drive revenues.
- Implement effective controls of food, beverage and labor costs within all restaurants and bars.
- Assist in creating a uniform and consistent beverage program that showcases local spirits, beers, wine and other items, while maintaining budgeted beverage costs.
- Continuously trains, evaluates and retrains the performance of reporting managers and subsequent organizational chart.
- Demonstrates positive leadership characteristics that inspire team members to meet and exceed standards, and promote team member empowerment.
- Schedules and directs staff in their work assignments. Assigns in detail specific duties to all team members under supervision for efficient operation of the restaurants and bars.
- Actively monitors and corrects Health Department, EcoSure and other food safety standards within the restaurants & bars.
- Ensures compliance with all hotel policies and procedures that relate to food & beverage, as well as local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Regularly reviews, evaluates, and responds to customer satisfaction and/or dissatisfaction of the individual outlets; recommends new operating and marketing policies whenever a change in demand, customer dissatisfaction, or a change in competitive environment requires such changes.
- Performs in the capacity of any position supervised.
- Participate in the development of the annual budget for the restaurants and bars, develop short and long term financial operating plans.
- Participate in community public relations for the restaurants, bars and hotel.
- Other duties as assigned.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Attends, as well as schedules and conducts departmental meetings.
- Reports all unsafe conditions immediately.
- Keeps work area neat and organized.
- Must maintain a good working relationship with other departments, team members and guests.
- Additional languages skills helpful.
- Comply with all safety security as described by Zachry Hospitality
- All Housekeeping, general cleaning is the responsibility of each Team Member
- All Drug/Alcohol and harassment policy must be followed.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The hotel will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential function for the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Thorough knowledge of the restaurant and bar operations including food, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques, and guest interaction.
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger, to collect accurate information, and to resolve problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Ability to continuously perform essential job functions on a variety of shifts, for extended periods of time.
- Considerable skill in math and algebraic equations using percentages are necessary to assist in monthly forecasts and completion of daily banquet checks.
- Ability to listen, and communicate effectively.
- Read, write, and speak English fluently. Ability to communicate in Spanish helpful.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using applicable computer systems.
- Ability to stand, walk and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to push/pull cart/ table weighing up to 150 lbs.; grasp, lift to waist and carry items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Knowledge of inventories, scheduling, food, beverage and productivity.
- Ability to effectively manage time.
High school graduate or equivalent required.
Minimum of 4 year college degree preferred.
Minimum of 5 years experience in Food & Beverage at management level. Multi-unit supervisory experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
Food Handlers Certification required.
CPR certification preferred.