Principle Responsibilities & Position Purpose:
To maintain the hotel’s facilities in excellent condition by performing all necessary janitorial services to the hotel\'s grounds, parking lot, public areas, guestrooms, hallways, stairways, etc. Assist room attendants ensuring cleanliness standards are met. Assist maintenance department with minor repairs and work orders. Understands and implements the mission statement, values, and culture at all time.
Work Environment & Context:
- 1+ years of experience in a branded, quality hotel preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent of same
- Must display professionalism and have characteristics of honesty and trustworthiness
- Must have excellent attendance and punctuality
- Must be able to perform major life activities: standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, and reach
- Long hours sometimes required. Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working on
Holidays, weekends, and evenings
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:Knowledgeable in:
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds
- Proper procedures for handling of linens, terry and other supplies.
- Sanitation of supplies, guestrooms, public areas.
- Guestroom cleaning procedures
- Safety and security measures. Report or correct any hazardous conditions observed immediately.
Basic maintenance repairs, leaking faucet, running toilet, etc.
- Maintain guest privacy.
- Follow cleaning procedures in the company systematic fashion.
- Assist with guest issues, being professional and maintaining a hospitable caring attitude.
- Multi task, detail oriented, remain service centric
- Must be able to work alone.
- Comply to all standards.
- Communicate with guests and co-workers in a friendly and helpful professional manner.
- Work as a team member