Opportunity: Assistant General Manager
Supervise and manage hotel departments and oversee hotel operations as directed.
Potential Career Path
General Manager – Area General Manager –Regional Director of Operations
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Oversee hotel departments to ensure an optimal level of service and hospitality are provided to hotel guests.
- Assist the GM in preparation of forecasts and reports and assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of the budget to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and brand standards and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Resolve customer complaints, and anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring operational issues, business flow and associate performance.
- Oversee the property accounting functions including but not limited to accounts payable and receivable, house bank audits, petty cash, and tax.
- Coordinate with corporate accounting department to oversee payroll functions.
- Oversee and ensure internal audit standards are met.
- Interact with the sales staff to discuss and implement sales strategies to continually improve occupancy levels and revenues.
- Monitor and maintain the front office systems and equipment to ensure optimum performance.
- Serve on the hotel’s safety committee.
- Create specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely action plans to remedy guest service deficiencies.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of overall hotel operations.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
About Us :
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
PARROT KEY HOTEL & VILLAS IS AN IDYLLIC KEY WEST HIDEAWAY OFFERING SIMPLE LUXURY, COMFORT AND STYLE IN A SERENE WATERFRONT OASIS. Five acres of award-winning tropical gardens surround Parrot Key, with pretty paths meandering through colorful foliage and beautiful landscaping. Four sparkling pools are nestled among their own private sculpture garden with The Grove Kitchen & Bar offering a range of refreshing drinks and delicious food. Each guestroom, suite and villa boasts spectacular views of either the calm ocean or the lush gardens. From your peaceful haven, it’s hard to believe that the energetic and eclectic vibe of Old Town Key West, is just a 3 miles away.
HHM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.