Office: Human Capital
Classification (Payroll Title): TBD
Position Number: TBD
Reports to: Chief of Staff for the Office of Human Capital
Last Revised Date: 3/30/21
Department of Education Vision: We will set all students on a path to success.
Priorities: Academics: All Tennessee students will have access to a high-quality education, no matter where they live. Whole Child: Tennessee public schools will be equipped to serve the academic and non-academic needs of all students. Educators: Tennessee will set a new path for the education profession and be the top state to become and remain a teacher and leader.
Position Summary: The Educator Recruitment Manager is responsible for recruiting educators for schools and districts across the state. This individual contributes to the Best for All strategic plan by building a strong educator pipeline, directly in line with Priority Three: Educators. The ideal candidate is an independent and goal-oriented relationship builder, with experience in recruitment and networking.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, business administration, marketing/communications, education, or a related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience: At least 5 years of work experience in talent management, education, nonprofit, business, or consulting required.
1. Talent Recruitment
- Leverage social media and other virtual platforms to build awareness job opportunities
- Build relationships with individuals and organizations (e.g., colleges) that create pipelines of prospective educators
- Develop and implement a strategy for recruiting educators from out of state
- Maintain and update the Department’s educator recruitment tools, including the TN Teacher Jobs Board and TN teacher Jobs Connection.
- Collect and use data to determine the efficacy of recruitment efforts and to inform future planning
2. Project Management
- Track progress toward recruitment goals each year
- Develop timelines and work plans that include a variety of strategies for networking and recruitment, data collection and project reporting, and relationship management
- Report on progress on a regular basis, and determine strategies for course correction as needed to meet recruitment targets
- Develop organizational systems to manage contacts, scheduling, project milestones, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Goal Orientation: Ability to set goals, break them down into tasks and milestones, and take strategic and sustained action to meet those goals
- Relationship Building: Ability to network broadly and to maintain collegial, mutually beneficial relationships with individuals and partner organizations
- Consistency and Follow Through: Impeccable organizational skills and the ability to follow through on all commitments in a timely fashion
- Prioritization: Ability to process multiple, concurrent demands, to sequence work activities, and to manage one’s time in order to meet all deadlines and produce high-quality work
- Communication: Ability to convey ideas and information clearly through oral and written communication channels and to tailor messaging for various audiences
- Presentation Skills: Ability to present in a clear, engaging, and informative manner to small and large audiences
- Customer Focus: A tendency to consistently consider the needs of internal and external customers, to provide service at a high level of quality, and to evaluate customer satisfaction
This position does not require supervision of direct reports at this time.
The duties will primarily be carried out indoors, in environmentally controlled conditions. The employee will be required to perform general physical abilities and handle and move objects.
Physical demands include walking, standing, bending, lifting, climbing stairs, and moving during working hours.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Expected work hours are 37.5 hours per week, from 8-4:30pm with an hour lunch break.
This role may require travel within and outside of the state.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Please send resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references to: Education.email@example.com
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee’s Workplace Discrimination and Harassment policy, the State is firmly committed to the principle of fair and equal employment opportunities for its citizens and strives to protect the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain, and hold employment without being subjected to illegal discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It is the State’s policy to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment of an individual because of that person’s race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.
The Tennessee Department of Education also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact the Human Capital team at 615-741-5158. You can also direct your request for accommodation in writing to the Tennessee Department of Education, Attn: Human Capital Division, 710 James Robertson Pkwy., Nashville, TN 37243.