SUMMARY: The primary purpose of Human Resources is to direct the human resources department in accordance with current applicable, federal state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations, and as directed by the Administrator, to assure that quality personnel are interviewed, trained, and employed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing the HR department.
- Review all requests from department directors for new or replacement personnel, fill requests as approved, and arrange interviews, appointments, etc.
- Check applications & references of prospective employees and arrange for interview with department directors as required or requested.
- Maintain an adequate personnel record filing system that meets the needs of the facility and complies with current employment practices.
- Ensure hiring/discharge procedures are in compliance with established procedures and policies.
- Conduct employee background checks in accordance with our facility’s established procedures.
- Orient new personnel to facility and explain personnel policies, procedures, payroll procedures, safety procedures, grievance procedures etc., as established in our operational policies and procedures.
- Counsel/discipline personnel as requested or as necessary.
- Conduct exit interviews, and record data in the employee’s personnel records.
- Maintain a good employee relations program that serves the best interest of the facility and community alike.
- Schedule all-staff in-servicing through the year for mandatory training (OSHA, HIPAA, Compliance etc.,).
- Assist in the development of department budgets concerning personnel administration
- Maintain the confidentiality of all employee information.
- Ensure that newly hired employees receive a copy of our facility’s residents’ rights.
- Report any known or suspected incidents of unauthorized disclosure of confidential information.
- Ensure that the resident’s rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property, and civil rights, including the right to wage complaints, are maintained at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degrees in Business Administration preferred, but not required.
- Must have, as a minimum 2 years experience in HR Administration.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the laws, regulations, and guidelines concerning personnel administration in nursing care facilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
650 N Kinzie Avenue, Bradley , IL 60915