Dart makes everyday products that give people the freedom to enjoy the food & drinks they love, wherever they are. From to-go containers and dinnerware to tamper-evident food packaging and even the red Solo cup, our products have been keeping people on the go and having fun for more than 60 years. We’re a family-owned, family-focused company of 13,000 people united by a shared set of values and a singular goal: To create the next generation of safe, smart, sustainable packaging.
You can help. We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our newly developed Beverage Business Team. On day one, you’ll start collaborating with some of the smartest minds and biggest hearts in our industry. Join us, and you’ll quickly see your input make a positive impact.
This role is responsible for U.S. Foodservice and National Account Beverage Business, supporting and/or managing specific product lines driving business and product strategy, execution and results in a manner that maximizes long-term profitability. You will support and/or deliver P&L results and are responsible for the health of an assigned product portfolio.
As a Product Manager, you will:
- Proactively support and/or manage a portfolio of products, and plan and drive growth through revenue and profit building blocks.
- Assist leadership to develop and implement multi-year and annual strategies for the assigned product lines through close collaboration with other functions.
- Collaborate with leadership and Commercial Finance to create annual financial goals and budgets including revenue, gross margin, COGS, price and portfolio mix aligned to strategic priorities.
- Support leadership in developing and implementing pricing strategy for the assigned product lines and recommend or make pricing decisions.
- Assist and potentially lead (assuming project Sponsor role) cross-functional efforts to discover and execute cost-reduction initiatives that do not negatively impact the customer/consumer experience.
- Participate in (and at a Mid-level, lead) all aspects of product life-cycle management for assigned products including the product portfolio strategy, product management, pricing guidelines, product development, product enhancements, and SKU optimization.
- Identify and then champion and commercialize, through collaboration with other functions, new product development and innovation projects. As needed, assume Sponsor role to ensure projects deliver the predicted business benefits.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and markets, and use these insights to develop and drive successful implementation of strategies.
- In collaboration with leadership, partner with Sales to drive relationships with key customers and provide direction on product line focus areas to maximize sales and profitability.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales on product-line marketing including brand strategy, brand standards, channel marketing messaging, and brand activation to achieve desired customer outcomes and financial results.
- Collaborate closely with Sales and Supply Chain Management on demand planning and forecasting to achieve desired financial and customer outcomes (e.g. minimize excess inventory and maximize fill rates for key product lines).
- Assist Business Team leadership in building a robust business case to support innovation and capacity expansion efforts within assigned product lines.
Requirements and Qualifications:
The Product Manager requires:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field of study
- Two (2) years of experience as a Product Manager
The Associate Product Manager requires:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field of study
- Two (2) years of experience supporting decision making in product management
Both levels require:
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to blend creative problem solving with data driven, analytical, financial (e.g. NPV, financial statements, DCF), and quantitative skills with a demonstrated ability to analyze complex problems with data, assumptions, and judgment using best practices and analysis to formulate solutions and make decisions and/or recommendations
- Proven ability to drive change including the ability to influence all levels, streamline processes, integrate, and associate pieces of information gathered from multiple sources
- Ability to recognize and solve challenges and implement solutions
- Ability to operate with sense of urgency and focus on providing exceptionally reliable customer service
- Organizational skills including the ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Strong knowledge of and experience working with financial concepts such as ROI, net present value, and other related analysis methods
- Ability to be composed, adapt, and effectively manage tasks and projects in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused work environment characterized by rapid change, minimal lead times, and multiple competing priorities while meeting all assigned deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to clearly communicate intricate job-related processes that ultimately affect decision making
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to be assertive, show initiative, demonstrate personal accountability, take ownership of work, and apply learned concepts
- Ability to tactfully resolve problems and provide feedback
- Ability to think strategically and for the long term
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on sensitive issues
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time domestically
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Favorable motor vehicle report upon hire
- SAP experience
- Experience in the foodservice packaging, foodservice distribution and/or consumer packaged goods industries
Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart® and Solo® brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call (833) 472-3278 or email us at HRConnect@dart.biz for assistance.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
/>If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at (833) 472-3278 or email us at ADArequests@dart.biz. Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.