ABOUT AMERICAN DREAM
American Dream, developed by Triple Five Group, is an unparalleled mix of world-class entertainment, retail and dining, comprising more than 3 million square feet in East Rutherford, New Jersey, just minutes away from New York City. American Dream is home to leading attractions that includes DreamWorks Water Park, Nickelodeon Universe, Big SNOW, Angry Birds Golf, The Rink, Blacklight Mini Golf, and a curated collection of premier dining and retail stores, including flagship locations for H&M, Uniqlo and PRIMARK as well as Lululemon, Sephora, Aritzia, Zara and IT’SUGAR, the world’s first “candy department store.” For more information on American Dream, visit www.americandream.com or follow us on Instagram@americandream.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The main purpose of the Graphic Designer, Creative Operations is:
- To be responsible for creative ideation and design of marketing projects which encompass; brand and global multi-media campaign deliverables, sponsorship/partnership deliverables, plus a range of deliverables that fulfill needs for; events, social, PR, digital, tourism, tenants, guest services and operations. This role is supported by external creative agencies and will be responsible for developing processes of efficiencies in design work-flow to best benefit the significant extent of necessary design requirements.
- This role will work very closely with our Co-CEO, Chief Creative Officer, Creative Director, VP of Marketing and Public Relations Director to continue to develop the look and feel of American Dream to a place that truly sets us apart. With this role comes the opportunity to work on major brand initiatives, develop our blog, app, contribute to email blasts, social posts and ads, website relaunch, and so much more. You will collaborate across our Technology, Retail, Attractions, HR, and Guest Services teams to help unify our visual brand personality across all channels.
- eComm experience is preferred. This role reports to the Website Marketing Manager and sits on the Web Team within marketing. The expectation is that, alongside a copywriter, the designer tests new content frequently and frictionlessly to drive conversion, more ticket sales, and additional revenue for the company via americandream.com and shop.americandream.com.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Test, iterate, and optimize website content (graphics, videos, giphs, photography) frequently to drive conversion, ticket sales, and revenue for American Dream
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to establish objectives for design within each project to determine best approach for design and the finished product
- Design across a variety of media including digital, interactive, social, outdoor, print, film/video, events and activations
- Designing print and multi-media artwork for promotional events including advertisements, brochures, flyers, major communication pieces, as well as on-site signage
- Implementing brand guidelines in all design work and maintaining the graphic design network and storage of files/templates that can be easily managed by outside production agencies
- Continual development of new, creative and fresh ideas for visual design and implementing them when/where appropriate
- Brainstorming with in-house teams on campaign concepts and strategies for design execution across a variety of deliverables
- Working cognitively around deadlines of multiple large-scale projects simultaneously
WHO YOU ARE
- Post-secondary education with a degree in a graphic design program
- A minimum of three (3) years-experience working in graphic design in relation to advertising and promotion
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and the web
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS preferred
- Photography experience preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, Sketch, InDesign, Canva, and other graphic design software
- Knowledge of iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, and other editing software
- Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects
- Strong creative ability and attention to detail as well as excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- An ability to communicate how creative ideas translate across multi-media channels
- Ability to identify and solve problems both independently and collaboratively
- Strong work ethic with a team-orientated mindset and the ability to self-manage while adhering to company policy
MUST PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL PORTFOLIO WITH RESUME
American Dream is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disability, military status or any other basis prohibited by law.
50 NJ-120, East Rutherford, NJ 07073, USA