To be a team member at ADB Companies you must support the company’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, teamwork, innovation, respect, personalization and accountability.
Position Title: Foreman
Our Mission: We are a customer-centric partner providing innovative solutions. The safety, well-being and career growth of our team members are the benchmarks of our success.
Our Values: SACRIFICE
Safety | Accountability | Customer Centric | Return on Investment | Integrity | Family | Innovative | Community Involvement | Empowerment
ADB Companies is one of the fastest growing utility construction contractors in the telecom industry, specializing in nationwide underground fiber optic installation. We are a part of the Keeley Companies family, a growth oriented entrepreneurial organization. We recognize our PEOPLE as our greatest asset ensuring that their Safety is our number one priority. Our culture is values driven, performance-based, and team focused. We devote ourselves to delivering results for our clients and giving back to our community.
ADB is seeking a Directional Drill Foreman to join our team. This position will oversee a 2-3-member construction crew, has full knowledge of underground fiber install operations, and is an expert rock driller in the telecom space. ADB is known in the industry for our world class culture, work stability, career development opportunities, and best in class vehicles and equipment. The ideal candidate will be safety focused, customer and quality centric, with a strong work ethic and ALL IN attitude.
Key ResponsibilitiesROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure locates are correct
- Safely operate Directional Boring rigs
- Ensure safe operation of any support equipment
- Constantly communicate with crew members
- Ensure potholes are dug prior to crossing utilities
- Maintains accuracy in all reporting functions
- Assist with JSA’s and constantly being on the lookout for changing conditions
- Assist Laborers with hand digging and pot holing when needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- 80% Travel Ability Nationwide
- A strong belief in ZERO- Being Safe 100% of the time is the expectation
- Alignment with company mission, vision, and values
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- A high level of time management, organizational skills, problem solving, solution oriented, accountability, and prioritization skills
- Ability to understand utility locates
- Ability to review and understand construction drawings and specifications
- Ability to detect wearing parts and maintenance
- Determine proper down hole tooling needed (backreaming)
- Ability to give direction, adapt to change, establish relationships, and assume responsibility for work outcomes
- Knowledge of public safety and security issues and regulations
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, like sitting, squatting, standing, walking and driving
- Must endure regular exposure to all weather conditions, including hot, cold, humid, and rainy during all seasons throughout the year
- May be exposed to uncomfortable or distracting sounds or noise levels on sites of projects being managed or coordinated
- Must wear common protective safety equipment, such as safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection, hard hats and high visible vest when working on-site
- 5+ years of experience in the utilities field
- 3+ years of experience operating Directional Boring rigs and walk over locating
- Ability to operate all heavy equipment needed; boring rigs, mini excavators, backhoes, trenches etc.
- Class A CDL is required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
ADB Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates agree to complete a selection assessment and pre-employment drug screen.